WINDSOR ROTARY CLUB PROJECTS
- 9 Health Fair - We serve approximately 500 to 800 Windsor community members at the annual fair held each April. This involves the participation from everyone in the club and often the youth Interact/ Rotary club.
- Windsor Harvest Festival - This is a major fund raiser for Rotary so that we can do community service and international projects. We have beer vending booths during the festival. We have participated in the Harvest Festival parade for many years.
- RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Award) - Each year we send several students to a week-long summer leadership camp at the YMCA in Estes Park. Fundraising through a golf tournament and beverages at Windsor Harvest Festival have been significant sources of funding in order to send multiple students to Rotary leadership camps. An annual event that raises funds that sent 18 students ($450 each) to the summer leadership camp.
- Barbeques and Parties - Each year we have at least one outside barbeque and a Christmas party as well as visitations to other business/park locations.
- Middle School Dances - We chaperone at the Middle School dances once a month during the school year.
- Halloween “Outhouse” - In conjunction with the Windsor Police Department and other service organizations, we give children a safe place to come for candy and games.
- Rotary International Foundation - Our club members participate 100% in giving to the Rotary Foundation, approximately 95% of our club members achieve Every Rotarian Every Year status, which includes contributing a minimum of $100 a year to the Foundation.
- Polio + Our club also donates to the Polio + Initiative for the eradication of polio worldwide. Our club has also donated $1,000 in the names of our club members every year for the past several years.
- Rotary Youth Exchange - Periodically we will host a foreign student, the last being in 2014 with a student from Australia.
- Rotary Re-Leaf - We were able to procure funds and volunteers to landscape homes that were affected by the Windsor tornado of 2008 The Windsor club donated $2,000 for the project with total contributions from District 5440 Rotary clubs of $16,700.
- International - We were involved with a $2,000 matching grant project for the Mulege Orphanage in Mexico. We have also made contributions to Children’s Foundation, Australian Flood Relief, Japan’s tsunami relief, and several others.
- Play It Forward Instrument Drive - The Windsor/Severance school district is in need of musical instruments for their programs. Our club is currently initiating a public drive for more “gently used” instruments that can be repaired or refurbished.
- Shred-A-Thon - We are sponsoring a shred-a-thon along with participating businesses in the near future.
- Estes Park Flood Relief - In 2014 we contributed $1000 to the Estes Park Flood Relief program. International We have been very active in international service projects. Many of the projects are done with other Rotary clubs in the region. One of the current projects was contributing $2,000 to a grant for the Girls Rescue Mission in Kenya for a large water project that a club in Greeley initiated. One of our members, Charlotte Ryan, spearheaded a project to provide thumb drives and other school supplies for the girls.
- Literacy Projects - We have sponsored two literacy fair/carnivals at local elementary schools. Through 2012, our financial contributions to these events have been $5,675 including grants. We also have applied for and awarded matching grants since then for continuation of the literacy projects.